The California Assistive Technology System For Consumers and AT Advocates
Try Our NATADS Public Access Database
The purpose of the NATADS Public Access database is to allow individuals the ability to view and/or post gently used assistive technology for sale, free or needed. This area also lets individuals view refurbished, repaired AT equipment or equipment that is available for open ended loans by the AT Program.
Welcome to Ability Tools 2.0 For AT Advocates
Summary of NATADS
What is the AT Act?
The Assistive Technology Act (AT Act) of 1998 was amended in 2004 to require a common set of activities to be provided by all state assistive technology (AT) Programs.
Learn more: AT Act Overview with Diane Golden from ATAP (archived webinar)
What You Need to Know
- The AT Act and the required state-level and state leadership activities include:
- financing activities
- device reutilization programs
- device loan programs
- device demonstration programs
- The required state leadership activities include:
- training and technical assistance
- public awareness
- information and assistance activities, and coordination and collaboration
- How to access the National Assistive Technology Act Data System (NATADS) and input AT state-level and state leadership activities into the system
- Where devices for loans will be (and the timeline for transition)