Send us a photo and you could win $100!
AT is defined as any device, gadget, hardware or software used by a person with a disability to do things for themselves that might otherwise be difficult or impossible to do because of their disability.
Assistive Technology helps people with disabilities live, work, learn and play as independently as possible. AT includes low-tech items like a reacher or a magnifying glass or high-tech equipment like tablet apps, or systems that allow you to control your computer with your eyes. For communication, learning, playing, to get around, working, chances are there is an AT solution for you.
Many people with disabilities use assistive technology to accomplish tasks they otherwise could not. Sometimes they modify a commercial device or improvise their own device to meet a specific need. By sharing pictures of individuals using their assistive technology, entrants can motivate and inspire others who are looking for solutions of their own. See Official Contest Rules for details.
Important contest dates:
January 12, 2016 – Contest Opens
March 14, 2016 – Photo Submission Deadline
April 18, 2016 – Finalist Online Voting Begins
April 29, 2016 – Finalist Online Voting Ends
May 16, 2016 – Winners Announced
All photos must:
- Be high resolution (1 MB to 10 MB) and a clear, pleasing photo. Higher MB photo submissions preferred.
- Show assistive technology (AT) being used in the photo (ANY AT including but not limited to: communication devices, wheelchairs and accessories, magnifiers, listening devices, adaptive computer equipment, etc.)
- Demonstrate a positive image of people with disabilities being independent.
- Have all people appearing in the photo sign this Photo, Video, Name, City and Quotation Release Form. Minors pictured under 18 must include the signature of a parent or guardian.
- NOT contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade, dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
All submissions accepted from January 12, 2016 to March 14, 2016. CFILC’s committee will choose up to 20 photo finalists. Then, online voting will determine the top five photos that will be awarded $100 each*. The winning 5 photos will be announced on: May 16, 2016.
* Each person can only win once, but can submit up to 10 photos.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org